I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

NIMH Career Transition Award (K22)

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005
Administered by:

Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institutes of Health
(see all US Federal Agencies)

Explore all postings for this grant program:
  • Original Grant - May 17, 2005
Applications Due:

Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announcement for details.

total funding: Not Available
max award: none
min award: none
cost sharing, matching: No
number of awards: Not Available
type of funding: Grant

- The purpose of the NIMH Career Transition Award is to attract and train physician-scientists and senior postdoctoral investigators who wish to further their research and career development experience by providing support to initially train within the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Division of Intramural Research Programs and then transitioning to a research program at a domestic U.S. extramural institution.

- The total amount to be awarded per application may vary from application to application, and will depend on the nature and scope of the proposed research and career development activities. However, the amount awarded will not exceed the caps established for salary, research, and other costs associated with all NIMH mentored career development awards. The total number of awards will depend upon the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.

- This PA uses the K22 mechanism.

- Eligible organizations for the intramural phase is the NIMH Division of Intramural Research Programs, and for the extramural phase are domestic for-profit and non-profit organizations, public or private, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, units of State and local governement, eligible agencies of the Federal Government, faith-based or community-based organizations.

- Eligible applicants include U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident.

- A candidate for the NIMH Mentored Career Transition Award (K22) may not concurrently apply for or have another award pending for any other PHS award that duplicates the provisions of this award.

- Each applicant may submit one application.

- The application form is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html

- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088

Who can apply:

Anyone/General Public
City Or Township Governments
County Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Minority Group
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Profit Organization
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)

Eligible functional categories:
Funding Sources:

Mental Health Research Career/Scientist Development Awards

More Information:


If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact: NIH OER Webmaster

Address Info:

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®
Apply for grants and loans! Click here to start